Howe's Bayou

Howe's Bayou

Address22848 Woodward Ave, Ferndale, MI 48220


Howe's Bayou web site

Howe's Bayou  Instagram



I found this gem by a recommendation from one of my coworkers. I was saying how much I miss New Orleans and would go back in a minute if I could! If you haven't been, I highly suggest that you make that trip- I did an extended weekend and it was totally worth it and we did so much! Below are some pictures of the trip. 


        


So back to Howe's Bayou. This place took me back to NOLA. The atmosphere, music, and because it was a nice sunny day in Michigan they even had the windows wide open like how it is down there. They had friendly service and the food was SPOT on! So much flavor! Here are some pictures of the  place. 


 
 


My view... windows wide open while enjoying the classic Hurricane cocktail, pure bliss right here. 


We started with a few appetizers- 

 

Fried Oysters with Cajun remoulade, Voodoo BBQ shrimp, & Baton Rouge Crawfish cakes


For the main dish, I tried my first soft shell crab Po' Boy, and it was very flavorful and meaty. I have to say it was weird at first, eating a whole crab but it tasted so good, that it blurred my thoughts and just enjoyed it. 


And yes... we split dessert. Sadly I was disappointed that there was no beignets on the menu, but there was a tasty peach cobbler and key lime pie. 

 


This is a must go place if you haven't been already.
















Comments

Popular Posts