Savannah Blue Detroit


Savannah Blue

Address1431 Times Square, Detroit, MI 48226



Savannah Blue Detroit   Instagram



Savannah Blue was a place that I heard about through multiple people. They all said that the food taste like "home" or "comfort". That if you're not a southern food kind of person, then think again and this place will make you change your mind. Such a great experience from the staff, view that we had looking out the window, the choice of music that was playing was a really nice collection, and the drinks/food was the cherry on top of the experience. This place certainly did not disappoint. Far as the menu our waitress mentioned that the menu offers a contemporary northern soul food with southern flavors, and was she spot on. They have different seating areas- living room style, dining room with tables or seating at the bar. We choose to sit in the dining area. 
So they offered us a complementary warm corn bread that comes with honey butter and that just melted in your mouth, and it paired well with our Mimosa's!



Our appetizer was Catfish fritters with a smoked pepper remoulade, tasted great. This was my second time having catfish and it was waaaay better then the first, because it didn't taste like dirt. I guess catfish are bottom feeders of their habitat. Not sure what they did, but I would totally enjoy eating that again. 



For the main dish, I went with the Savannah Blue fried chicken. The chicken was a boneless breast which was so much easier to enjoy then trying to eat off a bone. I mean don't get me wrong I can enjoy eating chicken with a bone, but in a restaurant setting so much easier boneless. Along side the chicken, was a maple pecan sauce. OMG! I poured that on top of my chicken and that sang to many levels of spice and sweetness. It's what some would call Umami flavors. My sides that I picked were- collard greens and mac n' cheese. Those greens were flavored perfect! Nice little kick with a great smoky flavor and it was made with turkey not ham like most that I've had. Now, the mac n' cheese was hitting home with me. That was comfort in so  many ways!


And my lunch date got the same as me, but changed up the sides- candied yams with collard greens. 


For dessert we got Savannah Beignets served with a berry compote sauce and Banana Foster bread pudding served with vanilla ice cream on top. I have to say the banana foster bread pudding was the winner for both of us.


I hope you enjoyed my visit and you will be able to dine and have the best experience like we did!

Comments

Popular Posts