Wine Tour Adventure in Traverse City




How it came into being...

I was asked if I wanted to go to the Traverse City Wine Festival with some great family friends, of course I couldn't pass this opportunity up, so I made it into a weekend! My friend and I arrived at our friends cottage that they rented up in North Port which is about 45 minutes north of Traverse City, MI. Great little cottage that sat just a walking distance away from lake Michigan.

Group Shot minus two fellas

So as we all started our Saturday, us ladies knew we wanted to stop and check out all the local wineries on our way down to Traverse City. The men had a different opinion and wanted to check out some local brewery's and an old Fish town. We were perfectly OK with that, and agreed to meet up at the festival. 


We ended up going to about 5 or 6 local wineries and sampled at all of them! It was my first time, so I was up for anything! For those who hasn't done this before, I'll explain. So when you visit wineries you can sample their wine for a small fee. Generally most of the wineries we attended were all about the same $4 for 5 wine samples of YOUR choice. I thought that was a great deal! Of course if you really liked what you sampled you can purchase a bottle or two..or three. Let's just say we did a lot of sampling before we even got to the festival! 

Ladies group shot

Of course we made it to the festival safely, and with our ticket we were given a souvenir cup that had 4 tickets that allowed us to sample wine from the local vendors. I ended up giving up my 2 tickets to someone else ( I was over my limit)! 

At the festival with our souvenir cup in hand!

The festival was cool, as you know it showcased all the local wine vendors in the area, as well had local food trucks & restaurants, local artist, and live music playing in the background.Great atmosphere and experience. 

Pork belly taco with Mexican potato salad from Towne Plaza (it tasted awesome)

Then Sunday, on the way back home my friend and I wanted to check out downtown Traverse City. Such a great town and lots of stores to check out as well you could go and sit by the lake or rent bikes and ride around town. We weren't able to rent bikes because we didn't plan on staying around that long, but I would defiantly do that next time. Below are pictures from couple places we checked out.

Bought some local perseveres from American Spoon Shop  

This was a cherry ice cream soda that I had from The Cherry Cone. It was made with cherry ice cream and cherry soda!


In our adventures we spotted a food truck rally, and ate some lunch. We were filled to satisfaction. Check out pictures below.






Check out other food trucks here: Harbor 22 food trucks. I ate at Toasted.


Below are some pictures of the whole weekend, please enjoy in my Wine Tour Adventures in Traverse City!

Sarah and myself having a great time tasting wines!

Fist stop..Silver Leaf Winery. Check them out here: Silver Leaf Vineyard



By far the best one we checked out! Black Star Farms Vineyard



Father and daughter of Skipping Stone Cellars

It was for us ladies!

Shady Lane Cellars 

Great trip with a great friends!





Comments

Popular Posts